ASSEMBLY, No. 1824
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
PRE-FILED FOR INTRODUCTION IN THE 2012 SESSION
Assemblyman HERB CONAWAY, JR.
District 7 (Burlington)
Assemblywoman CLEOPATRA G. TUCKER
District 28 (Essex)
Assemblyman DANIEL R. BENSON
District 14 (Mercer and Middlesex)
Limits settings where certain surgeries may be performed.
CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT
As reported by the Assembly Health and Senior Services Committee on December 13, 2012, with amendments.
An Act concerning certain surgical procedures and supplementing Title 45 of the Revised Statutes.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. a. A physician shall perform any of the following procedures only in an office or facility that is accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, or The Joint Commission:
(1) a liposuction procedure that involves 1the removal of1 more than 1 5001 cubic centimeters of 1[aspirate] fat1;
(2) a procedure that utilizes a breast 1[implant] prosthesis1; or
(3) an aesthetic truncal contouring procedure that involves the 1non-lesional1 excision of skin.
b. A physician who violates the provisions of subsection a. of this section shall be subject to disciplinary action and civil penalties pursuant to sections 8, 9, and 12 of P.L.1978, c.73 (C.45:1-21, 45:1-22, and 45:1-25).
12. The Director of the Division of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Law and Public Safety, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.) and in consultation with the State Board of Medical Examiners, shall adopt rules and regulations necessary to implement the provisions of this act.1
1[2.] 3.1 This act shall take effect on the 1[90th day after] first day of the fourth month next following the date of1 enactment 1, but the Director of the Division of Consumer Affairs and the State Board of Medical Examiners may each take such anticipatory administrative action in advance thereof as shall be necessary for the implementation of this act1.