An Act authorizing the State Treasurer to sell certain surplus real property owned by the State in the City of Plainfield in Union County.
†††† Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
†††† 1.††† a. The Department of the Treasury, on behalf of the Department of Military and Veteransí Affairs, is authorized to sell and convey to HOPES Community Action Partnership, Inc., as surplus property, all of the Stateís right, title, and interest in the parcel of land of 1.92 + acres, and all improvements thereon, situated on Block 625, Part of Lot 84 of the tax map of the City of Plainfield, Union County, also known as the Plainfield Armory.† The property to be sold and conveyed has been declared surplus to the needs of the State.†
†††† b.††† The sale and conveyance authorized by subsection a. of this section shall be executed in accordance with the terms and conditions approved by the State House Commission at its meetings on June 20, 2005 and December 15, 2011.
†††† 2.††† This act shall take effect immediately.
†††† This bill authorizes the State Treasurer, on behalf of the Department of Military and Veteransí Affairs, to sell and convey to HOPES Community Action Partnership, Inc., the winning bidder of an Internet-based public auction, a 1.92 + acre parcel of land and all improvements located at 1201 East 7th Street in the City of Plainfield, Union County.† The proceeds of the sale will be deposited into the fund created by P.L.2007, c.108 which requires that the deposits be used for the relief of State debt or to assist in funding capital improvement projects.
†††† The Plainfield Armory was constructed between 1931 and 1932 to house the Headquarters Company of the 44th Division, a National Guard Division resulting from the National Defense Act of 1920. †The Plainfield Armory was designed by the State Architectís Office as a small, one-company armory constructed for a company of the infantry, medical unit, or administrative unit. †Several other small armories were constructed between World War I and World War II, but the Plainfield Armory is the only armory to retain its historical integrity.† The New Jersey National Guard used the Plainfield Armory as a place to train and drill infantry units until the 1990ís at which time the Department of Military and Veteransí Affairs began to rent the facility out.† In February 1999, Governor Whitman re-established the New Jersey Naval Militia and designated the Plainfield Armory as its Headquarters until the militia stood down in the mid 2000s. †
†††† The property has been declared surplus to the Stateís needs.† HOPES Community Action Partnership, Inc., will pay the State $926,000 for the subject property as a result of the Internet-based public auction of the property conducted by the Department of the Treasury.† The property will be sold in accordance with the terms and conditions of sale approved by the State House Commission at its meetings on June 20, 2005 and December 15, 2011.
†††† Authorizes State Treasurer to sell surplus property, known as Plainfield Armory, located in City of Plainfield in Union County.