An Act concerning organ and tissue donation information, supplementing Titles 52 and 36 of the Revised Statutes, and repealing P.L.1999, JR3.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
C.52:14-15g Dissemination of organ and tissue donation information during April.
1. The Department of the Treasury shall, during the month of April, disseminate organ and tissue donation information in accordance with the provisions of the “Revised Uniform Anatomical Gift Act,” P.L.2008, c.50 (C.26:6-77 et seq.) with each State employee paycheck. The information shall be prepared in collaboration with the organ procurement organizations designated pursuant to 42 U.S.C.s.1320b-8 to serve in this State.
C.52:32-33.1 State contractors encouraged to disseminate information relative to organ donation.
2. The Department of the Treasury shall encourage all business concerns awarded contracts with the State, as defined in section 2 of P.L.1987, c.184 (C.52:32-33) to notify their employees, through information and materials or through an organ and tissue awareness program, of organ donation options. The information provided to employees shall be prepared in collaboration with the organ procurement organizations designated pursuant to 42 U.S.C.s.1320b-8 to serve in this State.
C.36:2-186 “Donate Life Month,” April; designated.
3. The month of April in each year is designated as "Donate Life Month" in the State of New Jersey. The Governor shall issue a proclamation calling upon public officials and the citizens of this State to observe the month with appropriate activities and programs.
4. P.L.1999, JR3 (C.36:2-51) is repealed.
5. This act shall take effect 90 days from enactment.
Approved April 23, 2012.