ASSEMBLY, No. 3975
with Senate Floor Amendments
(Proposed by Senator DIEGNAN)
ADOPTED: JANUARY 31, 2019
These floor amendments:
1. Make the bill effective immediately upon enactment, and change certain dates in the text of the bill to reflect this revised effective date.
2. Change the date on which employers become subject to certain provisions of the law from December 31, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
3. Clarify that employees foreseeing need for FLI due to placement of a child into foster care must provide prior notice to their employers
4. Increase the maximum number of days of intermittent FLI leave from 52 days to 56 days.
5. Clarify that any repayments of overpayments of TDI may be waived, but such repayments must be waived if the individual is deceased or permanently disabled.