ASSEMBLY, No. 2788
STATE OF NEW JERSEY
INTRODUCED MARCH 13, 1997
By Assemblymen SULIGA and GREGG
An Act concerning certain actions by certain authorities and supplementing Title 52 of the Revised Statutes.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. As used in this act:
"State authority" means a body, public and corporate, created pursuant to law having the following powers:
(1) To adopt and use a corporate seal;
(2) To sue and be sued;
(3) To acquire and hold real or personal property for its purposes; and
(4) To provide for and secure the payment of its bonds or other obligations, or to provide for the assessment of a tax on real property within its district, or to impose charges for the use of its facilities or any combination thereof.
2. No State authority shall convene an official meeting or public hearing unless a quorum of the appointed members of such authority is present at the start of such meeting.
3. This act shall take effect immediately.
This bill would prohibit State authorities from convening official meetings or public hearings unless there is a quorum of appointed members present at the start of the meeting.
Requires quorum of appointed members for State authorities to hold official meetings and public hearings.