P.L. 1997, CHAPTER 363, approved January 19, 1998
Senate, No. 196
An Act concerning certain animal health programs administered by the Department of Agriculture and supplementing Title 4 of the Revised Statutes.
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. a. The State Board of Agriculture may adopt, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), rules and regulations establishing a schedule in accordance with which the board may charge reasonable fees to defray the cost of:
(1) Animal disease diagnostic and testing services conducted pursuant to R.S.4:5-1 et seq.; and
(2) Animal health tests deemed necessary by the State Board of Agriculture.
b. Any fees established by the State Board of Agriculture pursuant to this section shall supersede all prior animal testing and diagnostic service fees on the date of the State Board of Agriculture's adoption of new fees pursuant to this section.
2. a. There is hereby created in the Department of Agriculture a non-lapsing revolving fund to be known as the "Agriculture Fee Program Revolving Fund," hereinafter referred to as the fund, to be held separate and apart from all other funds of the State. All fees collected pursuant to section 1 of this act shall be deposited into the fund and appropriated annually by the Legislature based on estimates provided annually by the Director of Budget and Accounting in the Office of Management and Budget. All moneys appropriated from the fund shall be dedicated to the support of the program for which they were collected. All earnings received from the investment or deposit of moneys in the fund shall be credited to the fund.
b. The Secretary of the Department of Agriculture may adopt, pursuant to the "Administrative Procedure Act," P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), rules and regulations necessary for the implementation of the provisions of this section.
3. This act shall take effect immediately.
Authorizes State Board of Agriculture to establish fees for certain animal testing services.